Are you seeking access to ordnance or munitions response markets in Europe, Asia or Globally?
IDUM offers four levels of corporate sponsorship in our ‘Champions of the Ocean’ program, each with their respective benefits to your company – Be a Champion!
Underwater munitions response programs support economic opportunities. Governments are looking to the private sector to clean munition footprints on the seabed to safely install wind farms, safely dredge harbours impacted by munitions, lay underwater hydro and gas pipelines through underwater munitions sites, and support oil and gas exploration and development through munitions fields.
International governments and the United Nations (UN) are seeking expertise from companies such as yours to begin remediation. Demand services include (but are not limited to): historical research, engineering and project management, underwater survey’s (AUV’s – ROV’s – Hybrids), recovery, relocation, and safe and environmental friendly disposal.
“I am pleased to invite you to join The International Dialogue on Underwater Munitions (IDUM), and to help clear the world’s oceans of more than seventy years of toxic munitions debris in our waters.”
– Terrance P. Long, Chairman.
Silver – $1500 – ‘Protector of the Ocean’
- A ‘Protector of the Ocean’ sponsorship will get your company logo added to our sponsors page with a link to your company website.
- IDUM ‘Protector of the Ocean’ sponsorship logo that can be placed on your website with special thanks from IDUM.
Gold – $3000 – ‘Guardian of the Ocean’
- A ‘Guardian of the Ocean’ sponsorship will get your company logo added to our sponsors page with a link to your company website.
- A 10 word description of your company alongside your logo.
- IDUM ‘Guardian of the Ocean’ sponsorship logo that can be placed on your website with special thanks from IDUM.
Platinum – $5000 – ‘Ambassador of the Ocean’
- An ‘Ambassador of the Ocean’ sponsorship will grant your company it’s own full page within our site linking back to your company site.
- Your company logo added to our sponsors page with a 20 word description of your company, decided by you of course, with a link to your website.
- Your company will also have a quarter/Half page advertisement in our following newsletter.
- IDUM ‘Ambassador of the Ocean’ sponsorship logo that can be placed on your website with special thanks from IDUM.
Diamond – From $10,000 – ‘Titan of the Ocean’
- As a ‘Titan of the Ocean’ your company will have a booth next to IDUM at the next international dialogue.
- It’s own full page within our site linking back to your company site.
- Plus your company logo added to our sponsors page with a 40 word description of your company, decided by you of course, with a link to your website.
- Your company will also have a half/full page advertisement in our following newsletter.
- IDUM ‘Titan of the Ocean’ sponsorship logo that can be placed on your website with special thanks from IDUM.
IDUM is a recognized international expert Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) for Policy, Science, Technology and Responses to Underwater Munitions. IDUM’s mission is to promote the creation of an internationally binding treaty on all classes of underwater munitions to clean up our oceans. We have been extremely effective in furthering and influencing international discussion. IDUM maintains an International Scientific Advisory Board (ISAB) on Sea Dumped Chemical Weapons, The Hague.
The ISAB provides independent advice to the Government of Lithuania on scientific, technical and organizational aspects of dumped chemical munitions in the context of Lithuania’s efforts to promote dialogue and bilateral and multilateral contacts in this area amongst interested governments and international organizations, including the European Union, the OPCW, other relevant international organizations and the United Nations.
The ISAB consists of 16 members who are scientists, academics and officials representing ten nationalities and who act in their personal capacities. The ISAB in The Hague officially provides independent advice to the International Dialogues on Underwater Munitions (IDUM).
The ISAB will be replaced by the International Technology Advisory Board (ITAB) on Sea Dumped Weapons (SDW’s) as we move from science to action. The ITAB will meet in The Hague to identify technology and experience required to remediate underwater munitions sites.
Over the past 14 years, IDUM has constructed reliable networks within the UN, the Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW), the Helsinki Commission, governments, and stakeholders, and is well positioned to identify solutions to global public demand for remediation.
IDUM has accepted the Hague’s invitation to centralize our cooperation with global peace and security organizations in the City. By collocating with such organizations within the international community of The Hague (including States Parties and the United Nations), your membership will ensure your concerns will be represented in an international forum.
IDUM will help you identify international governments who are actively seeking technology to detect, map, recover and dispose of underwater munitions and the toxic waste they create. IDUM will successfully link ideal member candidates with appropriate contracting opportunities through costefficient best practices, advertising, and networking strategies.
IDUM’s cooperation includes Lithuania Mission to the United Nations in New York; the board of directors for the Scientific Committee Polish Naval Academy Marine Safety & Security; Co-Director for CHEMSEA – Search & Assessment for Sea Dumped Chemical Weapons Baltic Sea; Co-Director NATO Science for Peace and Security (SPS) Program for Chemical Weapons Baltic Sea.
IDUM also appeared Canadian Senate Committee Fishery & Oceans; Canada-Nova Scotia Offshore Petroleum Board; Observer Helsinki Commission for protection of the Baltic Sea, Head of Delegation (HOD) & Ad Hoc Chemical Weapons Working Group; Invited guest OSPAR Commission for protection of the North-East Atlantic Oceans.
Presented the strategic, economic, environmental, & social aspects overview of the UN Resolution on SDW’s at UN Second committee 2010 and 2013.
Chairperson, Side Event on SDW, Third Review Conference of State Parties, Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW), Chemical Weapons Convention (CWC).
Co-editor (2) Marine Technology Society Journal (MTSJ), commentary for 3 Special Issues on The Legacy of Underwater Munitions Worldwide: Policy & the Science of Assessment, Impacts & Potential Responses.
By joining IDUM, you will be part of the solution. Not only will you be connected to new business opportunities, but you will also have access to a broader audience for your operations. Through IDUM’s International Technology Advisory Board on Sea Dumped Weapons, you will have the ability to profile your knowledge and experience on an international scale. You will become part of a network of like-minded individuals and organizations who believe that our oceans are worth saving.
As an innovative company in a market that is gaining world recognition and demand, you will benefit from a similarly innovative and experienced network through IDUM. Please contact me direct to discuss opportunities IDUM can bring to your company/organization while protecting our oceans.
Thank you for your time and consideration to become an IDUM Member Organization. I look forward to hearing from you in the near future. IDUM values your support as we move forward together to address SDW’s.
IDUM’s seat at Conference of State Parties, Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW), Chemical Weapons Convention (CWC)
tailored to underwater services